Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Capitol Reef Part II

Our second night in Capitol Reef, we managed to find the spot we camped in the last time we went. Our Jeep handled the rough terrain slightly better than the Yaris.


We made tinfoil dinners in the fire...


... and mountain man breakfast the next morning (bacon, eggs, and hashbrowns all in the same pan).


Then we drove into the park to see the petroglyphs carved by the Fremont Indians.




You can't go to Capitol Reef and not pick fruit from the orchards planted by the pioneers who originally settled the area. I have never tasted better apples in my life! David went for peaches this year, though:


The most beautiful thing about Capitol Reef is the contrast between the green trees, blue sky, and red rocks. It is one of the most visually stunning places I have ever been, and I'm so grateful we live so close to it!


At one point during my pregnancy, David turned to me and asked, "Do babies go camping?" I said, "I don't see why not." We'll have to take our little one there this year, if we're feeling brave, that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment