Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Valentine's 2011

I'm sensing that, with a 3-week old baby, posts are going to be very brief and image-saturated. Oh well, it's a miracle that I can type this with two hands while still holding Amelia on my lap. :)

This year for Valentine's Day David and I stayed at home and made dinner. We made spinach and artichoke dip and cranberry pomegranate bellinis...


...stuffed pork chops...


...and molten chocolate cakes with vanilla bean ice cream and raspberries.


Everything was wonderful, especially the drinks! Here's the recipe so you can try it out yourself. David and I made them in a punch bowl and let the lime slices hang out for a while to mix their juice with the other fruit juices, which I recommend doing. We skipped the mint, because I'm not into buying things that are just for "garnish" that you don't actually eat. If I wanted unnecessary garnishes, I'd go out to eat.

What did we give each other for Valentine's, you ask? I got a box of See's chocolates (that I picked out myself - I have specific chocolate tastes!) and a house plant (it lasts longer than flowers - a lot longer). David got 11,000 perler beads and made Pokemon and Nintendo characters all weekend long. I'll be sure to post some pictures of those, they're quite impressive.

I hope that you all had an excellent Valentine's Day as well, and got to spend it with those you love, eating chocolate. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment